QUALITY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
It is the policy of Vertella to maintain a quality system designed to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001: in pursuit of its primary objectives, the purpose and the context of the organisation.
It is the policy of Vertella to:
- give satisfaction to all of our customers and other stakeholders and interested parties whenever possible, meeting and exceeding their expectations;
- comply with all compliance obligations, codes of practice and all other requirements applicable to our activities including the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities, products and services;
- the reduction of hazards, prevention of injury, ill health, protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution, sustainable resource use, climate change mitigation and adaptation, the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems and any other specific commitments which are relevant to the context of the organisation;
- provide all the resources of equipment, trained and competent staff and any other requirements to enable these objectives to be met;
- ensure that all employees are made aware of their individual obligations in respect of this quality & environmental policy;
- Maintain a management system that will achieve these objectives and seek continual improvement in the effectiveness and performance of our management system based on “risk”.
- protect the environment with a clear understanding of the business context
- determine legal compliance obligations and ensure operations are completed in accordance with them and evaluate fulfilment of the compliance obligations
- Continually improve the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance through Objectives and targets, and qualify during Management Review.
- implement and maintain an environmental management system that is in compliance with ISO 14001: 2015
- correct non-conformities in a timely manner
- allocate suitable and sufficient resources which enable the company to achieve its environmental aims and objectives
- prevent pollution, reduce waste and ensure that, wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
- consider the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- take action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts resulting from our packaging and product supply
- promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by the implementation of operational processes and procedures
- complete internal audits and following a path of continuous improvement
- ensure that directors and management are fully engaged in the management of environmental issues
- seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- ensure effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
- assess and, where practicable to do so, reduce the environmental impact of the company’s products and Services
This quality & environmental policy provides a framework for setting, monitoring, reviewing and achieving our objectives, programmes and targets.
Customer service is an essential part of the quality & environmental process and to ensure this is fulfilled, all employees receive training to ensure awareness and understanding of quality and environment and its impact on customer service and of the products or service in which we provide.
To ensure the company maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, the quality and environmental system is regularly reviewed by “Top Management” to ensure it remains appropriate and suitable to our business. The Quality and Environmental System is subject to both internal and external annual audits.
Directors, management, and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
All employees and subcontractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter. The Managing Director has overall responsibility for environmental matters.